AVA workshop in spring 2021
The AVA are tentatively planning an online spring workshop on the subject of scientific writing. The workshop will also act as a forum for discussion about Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia.
We aim to produce a programme of lectures and seminars that are tailored to the needs of the AVA membership and the ACVAA and ECVAA – residents, diplomates, supervisors, authors, and reviewers alike.
To facilitate this process, we are now soliciting feedback, comments, concerns, ideas, and suggestions for how to improve the journal. We would like to know about the problems you have encountered during the submission of manuscripts. We also want to identify how the journal should continue to develop and evolve in the future.
Subjects for discussion could include:
- Study design – a review of the Equator guidelines for study design – ARRIVE, CONSORT, PRISMA and STROBE etc
- Improving the quality of submissions – do authors need more training in scientific writing?
- Author guidelines – are they easy to understand and implement?
- Times from submission to acceptance and publication – are they too long?
- Open access – should VAA remain as a hybrid journal or become fully open access?
- Preprints – do VAA authors want access to the preprint service?
- Data repositories and the role of journals as data curators
This is not an exhaustive list; however, these could be topics for discussion during the workshop. We need your input to assist us in developing the programme.
Please send your feedback to Rachel Bennett, co-Editor-in-Chief of VAA at VAA.EIC.email@example.com